Hello dear reader, let’s officially welcome the month of October! This is a new monthly post that I plan to be happening on monthly basis and will include suggestions of things happening during the following month.
This means I am now filling the Lisbon with Kids Agenda with many events at once, and at the beginning of the month, so families can have an overview of what’s happening in town ahead of time: I have been a bit busy for family-related reasons, and I am only being able to post this now! Sorry guys!
Of course, I might add events which I get to discover along the month! The next roundup will be all about Christmas, but you can already find one or two events starting in November! Have fun!
- Feira do Mocho is a fair dedicated to local brands and crafters: check their special Christmas Edition this Saturday at Jardim do Santos.
- Other markets happening this weekend; Portugal Real Market is happening in Principe Real main square, where you can also do some organic grocery shopping at the weekly Farmer Market; Hype Market open at Hotel Roma.
- Music Room is hosting a Free Open Class for babies 7-26 months old and their parents, at Jardim da Estrela. Very few spots left.
- Espaço Nido is a new family Cafe that opened in Campo de Ourique: they are hostin a Brunch+Storytelling this Saturday.
- Baobà Livraria is celebrating 5 years: reserve your spot for the storytelling happening during the whole day
- Oeiras will have two different show for babies and little people for the whole month of November: Xamama at Teatro Amalia Rey Colaço and Babum at Teatro Indipendente de Oeiras
- If your kids like theater, check the new show at Lu.ca Teatro in Belem and the one perfomed by Plano 6 “O meu Melhor Amigo” at Teatro Maria Matos.
- Wednesday 17th November, in the evening, I will host a IG Live about giving birth in Portugal on my Instagram page: together with Go Parents and Sara Vale we will talk about challenges and possible solutions to go thorugh this special moment. You can read my interview to Go Parents founder here.
- On the 18th of November a new Magic Light will open in Jardim Tropical de Belem, this time the theme is Alice: the first week it only cost 10€ per person (3YO and above). Here you can read about my family experience at Magical Garrden last year.
- Quinta Azenhas is hosting some cool and hearty workshops during November, including an edible Christmas wreath workshop.
- Still few weeks left to enjoy first Ai weiwei exhibition at Cordoaria Nacional de Belem. The exhibition will close November 28th. In the same area, be sure to check DAY, the new exhibition at MAAT.
- Do you want to walk on the 25th April Bridge? You can do it the 21st of November by participatin into the 10K Vodafone run. Different options available, and the whole family can join.
- Looking forward for some Christmas fun? Obidos Vila Natal will be opening its doors as soon as November 30th.
- The Chirstmas show “Spectáculo de Natal – Uma Espécie de Musical” perfomed by BYfurcação Teatro will be happening starting from this weekend until 19th of December.
- More Christmas market and fair will be available in and around Lisbon in December: Wonderland Lisboad and Mercado Craft and Design are already on my agenda, and more will be added in the coming weeks.