Hello reader, let’s officially welcome Autumn and the month of October! This is a new monthly post that I plan to be happening on monthly basis and will include suggestions of things happening during the following month.
This means I will fill the Lisbon with Kids Agenda with many events at once, and at the beginning of the month, so families can have an overview of what’s happening in town ahead of time.
I used to be not much of a planner, but I believe planning can make life easier: also it’s easier for me to have the agenda filled all at once, instead of every week.
Of course, I might add events which I get to discover along the month! Have fun!
- CUCU-Art Festival for Small Kids : an art festival that will include diffferent shows over the course of 2 weeks: I can suggest the two shows by Baileia, 10 DOBRAS and MÚSICA DE BRINCAR for kids 0-3 YO. More info on the event page: 1st October – 17th October
- Autumn Beach Cleanup – Atelier Kineya is inviting families to join a beach clean up at Fonte da Telha this weekend Sunday 3rd of October. More info on their Instagram.
- Mercado Craft&Design at Jardim da Estrela happening every first weekend of the month; great local design and crafters.
- MAAT 5 years Anniversary will be on Tuesday 5th of October (also Bank holidays as it is the plantation of Republic in Portugal); there will be Comida indipendente Market, different workshops and guided tour through the whole museum, but especially a guided tour to The Boat, the art installation about the African diaspora communities.
- Music for small Kids: Music Room is back hosting My little one and Me babies class in Estrela.
- Music for small Kids: Montessori Bright Accademy,is hosting a new Music workshop Jiggle and Jam with Sahida Apsara for kids 3 to 5 taught: the first trial class is free.
- Music for small Kids: Elena La Conte is organizing a weekly music Workshop for babies in Graça.
- Gemma Urban is hosting many art activities in her new space at Oficina Imposivel, in Santos: every Saturday she will host a creative workshop for kids, while you can go and check Santos Farmers Market next door.
- Azenha do Mar is a lovely village overlooking the ocean and Quinta Azenhas is the cutes family-friendly quint with the best view and great workshop: this weekend they are teaching kids how to make art with material found in nature. Check the event happening October 9th.
- FIC.A – International Festival of Science – Oeiras, is the new festival in town: plenty of experiences, workshops, talks and artists will be populating the Palacio de Marquês de Pombal between October 12th and October 17th.Technology, art culture and society will be the main topics: among the speakers, Dr. Barry Fitzgerald aka “The Superhero Scientist”, tapestry artist Vanessa Barragao, Noiserv and many more.
- The Boat/O Barco : an art installation at Maat by Grada Kilomba which talks about about the African diaspora communities: on October 17th, there will be a live performance with singers and music.
- The european BIG BANG FESTIVAL will be happening in diffent cities around Europe and focused on Musica and Art for kids. Great installations and fun for the kids like this Trampoline installation. Friday 22ng and Saturday 23rd
- FUN DAYS at MUSIC ROOM: looking for some activities to do over School break? Music Room is hosting morning activities for Halloween
- HALLOWEEN PARTY FOR FAMILIES (LISBON FOR PARENTS) a group of international moms is organizing a nice afternoon where families will be doing Trick or Treat around Jardim da Estrela and will gather together for some chats and food. Sunday 31st October
And there is more! As usual, you can check my Lisbon for Kids Agenda, to not miss any event: do you know that you can even add the event to your Google Calendar or ICAlendar?
More events, especially for Halloween, will probably be added soon!
p.s I want to acknowledge I took inspiration from the great Bablands for this monthly roundup: if you visit London often you should definitely check her suggestions!